We did a live webinar on the 5th of April covering the COVID-19 Self-employment Income Support Scheme (you get 80% of your profits as a grant) and benefits such as Universal Credit available to the self-employed with actual examples. Please scroll down for the recording.
You can download the presentation slides by filling the form below:
Quick summary of the main points.
Self- Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) – work out if you qualify?
- You must have been registered as self-employed in 2018-19 and submitted a self-assessment tax return
- You have worked as self-employed in 2019-20 and plan to continue working in the current year
- Your income is negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Your average profits for 2016-17, 2017-18, 2018-19 must be below £50,000
- More than half of your yearly income as declared in your self assessment must come from self-employment
Benefits – What has changed?
- From 6th of April the minimum income floor for people who have been self-employed over a year goes away
- Universal credits are going up by £20 a week
- The application process can be done entirely online with in-person interviews at Jobcentre Plus scrapped for the next 3 months
- The minimum amount of Housing benefit that councils need to pay should cover at least 30% of the market value of rent in that area
Video Recording of the webinar below